Thursday, June 12, 2008

Episode 2: Four hectic and eventful weeks that end in trying not being kicked out of university

The last weeks have been pretty eventful anf stressful, but nevertheless I'm still alive... So here a brief update of what happened since I am back safe and sound on german ground!



The first two weeks I had a lot of running around and organizing to do. It was a lot harder then I thought to get all the permissions, approvals, stamps, signatures and paperwork done to be allowed to enter the classes 3 weeks later. (3 weeks late, because I missed the first weeks of the semester in Bamberg, because I still was in Williamsport)



After getting everything half organized I finally realized how difficult this term would become with my upcoming Zwischenprüfung (a "mid studies exam" in history and english; about everything I have learnt the past 2,5 years...)

I found out that I would have to write my term papers (which usually are written during the semester break - after semester ended) during the semester. I was assigned topics but couldn't start working right away because i was missing some important literature.. but oh well..



Then the 30th of may Allison came to my place to stay for the night and go to London the next morning... but as we found out she forgot her passport in her suitcase which still was standing in Berlin so she couldn't go to London...

I was planning on using that time she went to London to write on my termpaper (because the deadline to turn both in is the 17th - and I will be kicked out of Bamberg University if i will not make it) but now it was hard to get time to write on my paper or even read the literature..



We did a lot of stuff in Bamberg and around Bamberg till Denise and Melissa arrived the night of the 4th of June. We picked them up from the train station at 2.10 am and retuned to my place and talked about everything and anything till about 6.15 am!

The next day Melissa neede/wanted to get her hair permed, so Alli, Denise and me did our best in doing her hair! (we were so afraid of doing something wrong, to burn her hair - or make it all fall out, but in the end it turned out great .. woot woot)




Us trying to do Melissas hair :)


A picture of Alli taking a picture


Bamberg Tour: Altenburg





From what I was told by Melissa and Denise Alli is always eating. Another proof of this theory!

Names engraved on the top tower of the Altenburg

Daisies can be eaten, but do not exactely taste yummy.. eww


´
On our tour around Bamberg with my Dad we stopped at a Church called "14 Heiligen" devoted to 14 Saints.





Alli described the inner of the church as yummy..the pillars looking like candy..haha






Another stop on our Tour with my Dad: Schloss Seehof






Random picture of the weather the night Alli arrived in Bamberg.
Thunderstorms and heavy rain.. but after Alli arrived the weather was very nice :D


So now that Melise and Denissa (that is what i said half of the time, being totally confused) are safely back to the USA , Eric has arrived in Bamberg on Tuesday afternoon Alli and him live in an appartment just around the corner of my house in Bischberg!

During the time Alli, Denise and Melissa have been here I didn't get mich of my uni - work done (Ithought i could get more done) and I have to try hard to get everything done till the 17th.
Unfortunately I woke up with bad headaches and some sort of tummy flu yesterday morning so I lost all morning and noon studying because I went to the doctors office.
I don't really feel well and have problems concetrating.

More than that ,I canot really sleep the last 1 and a half weeks because I get so scared and axious when I try to go to sleep becaue I'm scared to fail and have to leave bamberg...

I got 5 more days to complete two papers, which absolutely positively won't work.
I asked one of my teachers if I can hand in the second paper 5 days late. I hope he will be okay with that..

I'm going to be soooo relieved when that stuff is over...


Also at the moment there is the EM (= Europa Meisterschaft - european championship of soccer) going on. Meaning that Germany is totally going crazy!
One can see flags and ppl in germany colours everywhere! And this is about the only time that you can see germany flags in our country and people being pround of their country, because when germans would be pround of their country other times they would be called bad things again .. it is hard to explain but being patriotistic in Germany was never really easy after WWII...

More pictures of our Bamberg and Sourrounding trips, soon!

Now it's time to go to bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Kat you have sooo much on your plait. i had a really fun time are your place but now i wish Al could have come to London and we could have stayed later so you could do more work.

man thats crazy that you only have 4 days left. im soo sorry.

i really hope everything works out for you and you arnt kicked out but if it doesnt work out move to the states and stay at my house....for free. then you could come to lyco.

well im gonna get some sleep cause it like 6:40am here.

Anonymous said...

i ment left earlier not stayed later cause that makes no sense.