Saturday, June 28, 2008

Episode 5: Yes, there is a hangover after a Caffein Rush; BBQ and Soccer Crazyness in good ol' Germany!

It’s weekend again!
Not that that means anything, but oh well…

The last week I have done some more research and written a term paper. (The one that I had to hand in the 17th… When Alli and Eric still have been here in Bamberg I already felt, that I couldn’t get it done in time so I emailed the Professor who gave me a little more time so I could finish it…) It’s a history paper (ancient history) and is about the “ Imperial Madness of Julio-Claudian Family; Research on Caligula”… it sounds a bit weird but actually it was quite interesting and I’d tell you more if I wouldn’t already know that nobody wants to hear about it ;]
Anyways..if you are interested it is 28 pages (in German..haha..sorry)!

A dead Kat (working for 13 hours in a row)
A little digression: Don’t give caffeine to your Kat

I’m not sure if you know, but I totally hate coffee – the taste of it makes me …. Ewwww!! – so while I was writing the paper I had some difficulties in staying up late to get (lots and LOOTS , I mean LOOOTS and lots of ) work done so I went to the grocery place to get energy drinks (Red Bull and Effect) and Coffee Stuff (Esspresso, Coffee, Cappuchino.. –grossness!!!).
So I came home and had an energy drink at about 8pm. An espresso at 9.30. Big cup of coffee 10.45. A bottle of Coke 11. Cappuchino 12.30.

-> I usually don’t drink coffee because of caffeine making me hyper.. Maybe I should not have consumed so much stuff with caffeine, but I could work until 5.30 am and after that couldn’t sleep :]

Next day I felt really nervous and shaky.. I learned a lesson.
CONSUME CAFFEIN AND YOU CAN WORK LIKE CRAZY!!

very much awake.. and shaky...



I shouldn't be too happy about that though, because that's just the 'Beginning' of more stressfulness..argh!

To Do list for the next week and half:
- English Presentation on Wednesday (STATUS: 15% done)
- Another Term Paper (for which I sadly don’t have literature) till Thursday (0% done)
- Studying for 2 Exams on the 13th of July (0% done)
- Go to 3 teachers office hours and work out exam schedule with them
- My birthday on 7th of July (won’t have a party though.. not in the mood)
- CAFFEIN?



So on last Sunday Hannes, my parents and me wanted to have a BBQ in the evening, but in the morning the sky was all cloudy and getting darker and darker.. It felt really eerie when at some point a weird strong wind shook all the trees and birds and leaves were flying through the air… Then suddenly one could hear a low rumble and cold wind swooshing around. I went outside to see what happened and then in about 15 minutes the sky got really REALLY dark ( it was only like 3pm) …
Weird eerie storm outside (and dark like 10 pm, but in the afternoon at 3pm)

After 2 hours everything was over – a thunderstorm and some heavy rain, but laters, mysteriously the weather was fine again and we could have our BBQ (crazy weather just like in PA..haha)
So here we are having BBQ.. nom nom nom!!


A very interesting close up.



NOM NOM NOM!! I know that this doesn't look like stuff that American People would put on their grill - (at least I was told that American PPL put other stuff on) - there is Brats, Steaks, Chicken Breast, Bacon and laters we put vegetables on..yum yum



Mom: :)
Dad: nom nom nom



I made a strawberry pie for dessert; Hannes at the whole thing!
He really ate the entire thing.. .. sigh...


Tomorrow (Sunday) :
there is going to be the final of the Fussball Europameisterschaft (Soccer Championchip) in which Germany is playing Spain!! Woot woot! I’m going to Bamberg with Hannes because there is a public viewing, for which about 10.000 – 15.000 people will be expected to come (at least!).
I’m not the mega soccer fan, but for Hannes’ sake I’ll be coming, too (not that he is going to notice me around, because he’ll be screaming, cursing and stuff like that) but he complained that I’m not a good Germany fan and I’m not supporting my country blabla so I will be like the ÜBER Germany fan and surprise Hannes… (I’ll take pictures!)


My Germany eye - makeup stuff.. from last time I went to the soccer game with Alli and Eric



I’m pretty stressed at the moment (and I know that you know, so I don’t want to complain about all that stuff too much!) but at least I got little nameless, that Susan wants to be called Hase II ..(which is a good name in my opinion, but my brother doesn’t want it to be called like that, so I just call it like that .. other ppl can give it other names..)



I think she already grew a bit - no wonder.. she's always eating..

A bunny ball :)


I said eating. EVERYTHING.

Where is the Bunny?
THERE is the bunny!!!

Teehee,.. sometimes she goes crazy and runs around jumping in and out of her cage :]

And sometimes she does other weird jumping stuff.
I have a video, but I'm not sure if uploading that thing would work...

Hai!


Okay,... so I think I'm just going back to work a bit more on stuff - flipping through books and seeing if there is something interesting I could use ( I guess not..but oh well)...
Tomorrow for lunch I'll cook Thai!
(Pad See-Ew (Thai Stir-fried Soy Sauce Rice Noodles with Broccoli, Chicken, and Eggs))
I know that it is going to be dreadful and I think we should go to a restaurant when I'm done cooking because I'm not good at asian cooking :/
(there shall be pics for your amusement!)
Hope everybody had a nice weekend! *hug*
What did you guys do and how is the weather in PA and everywhere else you currently are :D
I'll put up another blog about soccer and thai food on monday or tuesday night!

ps. Just two random pics of Bamberg, when I came out from class on thursday, 8pm :D

(I like the sky in this one...)

3 comments:

alli said...

OH NOES! I hope you get all your work finished in time! You really have a lot of stuff to do.
Lookit the cute cute widdle bunny! *highpitchedannoyingbabytalk* man...I'm glad we don't combine words like that in English. I'd never be able to read things...
Israel's going well. It's actually surprisingly humid...but that was a super cool looking storm you had there! I wish I could've seen that...
Oh man, Lesley and I have been keeping up with all games until now. We haven't been able to watch them b.c we have to go to bed at like 8:30pm to get up at 4:15am, but we always check up. And one of our helpers Eddie is super cool and has been keeping us up to date with all the interesting things that happened during the games. lol. We're totally rooting for Germany tonight!!! SCHLAND!

Denise said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...I read your blog and I was like I didn't know Kat's birthday was on the 7th of July whats today...OMG it's the 7th of JULY!!!! haha soHappy birthday my birthday is on the 16th of July and my sister is going to have her baby on the 17th of July lol...yeah for July birthdays.

It is super super hot here in PA probably not as hot as where Allison is but it's humid here which is worse. I can't wait until you come to see us. I hope you get all your work done and I hope you have lots (I mean lots and Lots LOTS AND LOTS!!!!!) of fun on your birthday with your little bunny...

Today I was talking to Melissa and I was like your face is (something I can't remember what I said) and I was like awe why is no one here to finish it...

Anonymous said...

KAT!! I kept waiting for you to get on AIM so I could wish you a happy birthday. But nooooooo. So I have to wish you a late birthday on here -sigh- and that BBQ looks delicious.

--your ever loving Southern roommate. The good roommate.