Thursday, June 19, 2008

Episode 4: A new family member without a name and some random soccer crazyness

So, last week Eric has been here in Bamberg to visit Alli and here are some pictures from the soccer match we went to.
It's very common to either go to a public viewing place, like we did (one can also go to a smaller place like a pub, restaurant, cafe), to watch it with friends at home (and consume beer and chips) or to just watch it alone - but always be sure to be very emotional, meaning screaming, cursing, jumping up and down, swearing, threatening players although - of course - they can't hear it .. etc).
For the Germany - Austria match we went to a public viewing (where they supposedly hat the biggest outdoor LED screen of Franconia) in the heart of Bamberg. Looots and loooots, I mean Looooooaads, of people in ridiculous germany outfits and colours, hats, wigs, and so on..

(I was wearing a Germany flag as a cape and Germany colors makeup because Hannes was complaining that I'm not supporting the team and blabla)
- Oops, nearly forgot to mention that Germany won.. haha


This is "Maxplatz", where we went to watch the match. Lots of people. Lots of beer and food.

Eric with an awesome Germany shirt being enthusiastic :)

Alli and Hannes - also very enthusiastic (also having some beers ..haha)




Everybody who came to the public viewing got one of these fan like thingies that one could use to make gartuitous amouts of noise (when you slapp it on someone, on yourself or on your hands..)


Hannes and me (with very Germany - esque makeup: black - red - yellow)


This actually was supposed to be a nice pic of Hannes: I was standing in front of him and he smiles at me and suddenly he looked up to the screen and there was a foul play or something and instantaneously he began screaming and cursing like hell (and that moment I snapped the pic..haha)

Eric being sneaky (just like someone who knows how to SPAGETT!)

I might have mentioned to some of you guys that I always always always wanted a pet at home because I live in a little 'attic' apparment and I'm lonely (boohoo)...

The last three years I was trying to get my parents, namely my mom, to allow me to have a bunny rabbit in my room, but all the time she was against it (it's smelly, noisy, annoying, blabla). Everyday since I'm back home from the states I have mentioned how much I'd like a bunny; this now might have annoyed her so much, or heaven knows what made her allow this, but yesterday I mentioned, that after we went grocery shopping we should stop at the pet store...
I was standing in front of the bunny cages like forever and suddnely she said something like " Come on, pick one, I'm not standing here for hours waiting for you!"...

Of course, I couldn't refuse this offer and tadaaa... here it is.. or rahter SHE is!

It's a dwarf-lionhead bunny, she is black, fuzzy and lively! The only thing is that she doesn't have a name yet! So if you have any ideas or suggestions please feel free to let me know :D

She's so curious and eager to explore.

The lady at the pet store told me that in Germany, you can sell bunnies in a store only when they are 6 weeks old. She said that she got the bunnies only yesterday! (so she is only 6 weeks old now!)


It's so funny and cute to watch how she is cleaning herself.. hehe


Namless bunny and me


Studywise I still have a lot to do.. like a loooot ..loooaads, .. lots and lots and lots of studying and papers! But at least I now have a nice little cute (nameless) distraction!

Tonight, there is the first quarter final match for Germany, which they have to win, or they'll be kicked out... It is against Portugal, which should be rahter difficult because, as Hannes, my brother and my dad explained, they are a very good team and have some exceptionally great players (my brother wanted to name the bunny after a player.. grrr..nope..no option!) I'm not going to go to the public viewing to see the game, but I guess maybe I'll study and feel like just having it on tv as a background noise or so.. I hope we win, or Hannes shall be VERY dissappointed.

I hope everyone is doing fine! Miss y'all!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG LUCKY!!!!!!

you should name is Melissa or Mel because we have so much in common because i to am curious and eager to explore.

plus im the funniest person when i clean myself....so you shall name it Melissa. It has been decided.

we might have a problem thou cause its so hard to tell us apart.

tell you mom, dad, and SEBASTIAN i said ummmm jooost no ummm danka no ummmm tell them i said hi.

im such a German failure :(

alli said...

OMFG....sooooo verdammt suess!!!!! aaaaah!! oh whoa...when i try to spell cute without umlauts and the big S thingie, i spell suess! like dr. suess! holy cow!

and, um, meliss...it's spelled "tschuss"...with an umlaut...tehe, silly...

Denise said...

awe BUNNY!!! you should just keep calling he nameless cause thats funny...Don't name it after Melissa name it after me!!!!....or a combination of all our names....katallimelnice....or Kat Power...or SUPER BUNNY!!!....man I miss you guys.....

Nádia Damião said...

she is too cute... i love bunnies, i have some, but it for us to eat so we cannot creat a relation it them actually... :S

anyway, thank you for linked me, i do the same thing... ;)

***

Casey said...

Hi, just looked at your photography and I really enjoyed it! It's pretty amazing

Anonymous said...

huhu,

DEUTSCHLAND VOR :D

ich glaube ich werde hier ab und an mal vorbeischauen. Das bild mit dem "nameless bunny" und dir is super schön. wär ne süße ID ;)

und für deine ganzen prüfungen und so.. schaffste schon ! *daumendrück*

lg

alex aka alsebka